Sunday, September 28, 2008

Poem - To Fate...

At the risk of skirting the subject of my prolonged absence, I present - without further adieu - one of my earlier poems, entitled "To Fate..."

---

In such a present where every day stings,
where truths are seraphim on golden wings,
where one must suffer by another's hand
and we lose what we gained conscript from the land;
Where the people who turmoil, the strong and the meek,
can never agree, though the same things they seek;
Where promises are quite often recalled
(though in truth, friend and foe mean nothing at all);
It is these things - and more! - which we wish to repair,
and yet we just sit, decrepit, in despair.
So tell me now, friend, speak bold! speak true!
What sort of future have I to look to?

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Nick Woll grew up in the Florida Keys, and is furthering himself in the fields of writing, software development, and web design. You can contact him at nwoll27 at gmail dot com.