Monday, April 6, 2009

Passage

Not so long ago I stumbled across the work of one Jason Rohrer. It seems Jason is the one programmer on the planet who manages to remain a functional 'free spirit' - a rather interesting story in itself.

That isn't what I'm here to talk about.




What I'd like to bring to attention is, instead, his 2007 project, Passage. An experiment in minimalistic game design, Passage attempts to explore the subject of life and mortality, and does so with startling accuracy. In five minutes.
For anyone with a few minutes to spare, I recommend downloading Passage here (for Windows), then reading Jason's words on the game.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Nick Woll grew up in the Florida Keys, and is furthering himself in the fields of writing, software development, and web design. You can contact him at nwoll27 at gmail dot com.